1 vegetable stock cube
2 tbsp olive oil
100g tomatoes, whole
100g red pepper
100g courgette, diced
1 stalk celery
60g chopped, tinned tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
10g tomato puree
1 tsp garlic puree
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
50ml double cream (optional)
50g parmesan, grated (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with cooking foil.
2. Peel the garlic and shallots.
3. Chop the red pepper, garlic and shallots in half.
4. Place the whole tomatoes, red pepper, shallots and garlic on the baking tray, sprinkle with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil.
5. Place in the oven and roast for 30 mins.
6. While roasting the vegetables, add the water and stock cube into a pot and place on a medium heat.
7. Add the passata, tinned tomatoes, garlic puree, tomato puree and all herbs and spices.
8. Chop the celery and courgette and add to the soup.
9. Once the roasted vegetables are ready, remove from the oven and place straight in the soup.
10.Allow to simmer for around 15 mins then blend until smooth.
Serve with a splash of double cream and a sprinkling of parmesan.