90g unsalted butter (softened)
200g inulin powder
Zest of 3 lemons
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 medium eggs, separated
200g ground almonds
250g ricotta cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 175°C and line a 20cm round cake tin with greaseproof paper on the base and sides.
2. With an electric whisk beat together the butter, vanilla, egg yolks, almonds and ricotta until combined.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks.
4. With a spoon fold the egg whites into the almond mixture.
5. Add the lemon zest and juice and stir to combine.
6. Gently and gradually fold in the inulin powder (do not whisk).
7. Pour into the pre-prepared cake tin (add some sliced almonds on top for decoration if you wish) and place in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes.
8. Allow to cool in the tin before devouring!