200g almond flour
50g butter (soft but not melted)
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
20ml double cream
30g butter (soft but not melted)
1 tbsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, egg, vanilla and cream.
2. Stir in the almond flour and inulin to form the dough.
3. Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
4. Remove from the fridge and form the dough into a ball.
5. Place the dough ball on a large sheet of parchment paper and flatten with your hand slightly. Cover with another sheet of parchment and roll out into a rectangle approx. ½ cm thick.
6. In a small bowl mix together the ingredients for the filling.
7. Spread the filling evenly onto the rolled out dough then gently roll to make a sausage (it’s easiest to do this by lifting the parchment paper nearest to you rather than handling the dough).
8. Place back in the fridge for 15 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
10. Using a sharp knife slice the dough sausage to make rounds – approx. ½ cm thick.
11. Flatten each round slightly with the palm of your hand and place on a lined baking sheet.
12. Put in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.