480g chicken (3 breasts) (or meat free alternative)
400g chopped tinned tomatoes
1 med-lrg green pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 shallots, diced1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp garlic puree
1 green chilli, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp onion powder
2 chicken stock cubes (swap for vegetable if making meat free)
1/s tbsp white wine vinegar
500ml water (half this if you prefer your soup thicker and chunkier)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with tinfoil and lay the 3 chicken breasts on. Salt and pepper to taste then roast them in the oven for around 25 minutes until cooked through. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly then take two forks and pull apart until shredded.
2. Whilst the chicken is cooking chop and prepare all of your veg and mix your seasonings together.
3. Add the olive oil to a pan over medium heat and add the shallots, pepper, chilli and garlic. Sautee this in the pan stirring occasionally until browned.
4. Add the tinned tomatoes, herbs and spices, tomato puree, garlic puree and white wine vinegar and allow to heat for a further few minutes.
5. Add 250ml-500m of water mixed with chicken stock, bring to the boil then allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
6. Take a hand blender and roughly blend the mixture so that there are still some chunks.
7. Mix in the chicken and leave to simmer for a few more minutes before serving.
8. Sprinkle some cheese on top and devour!
*Top Tip – You can add more or less water. More water will make it more soup consistency but reduce the water and it will make it more like a salsa that you could serve in lettuce wraps with sour cream and cheese. Play around with spices to get it tasting just as you like it – you can make it ore or less spicy”