150g almond flour
100g unsweetened desiccated coconut
125g unsalted butter
80g inulin powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
Pinch sea salt
30g dark chocolate, chopped (min. 90% cocoa)
30g unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut, cocoa powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the butter, vanilla and egg, then stir in the inulin.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to create a dough.
5. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
6. Shape the dough into equal sized balls and place on the pre-prepared baking sheet.
7. Press each ball with the heel of your hand to 1/4 inch thickness.
8. Bake for 15 minutes until just golden.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet.
10. Option – melt an extra couple of squares of dark chocolate and drizzle for decoration.