150g almond flour
100g unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
120g butter, softened
60g inulin powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
30g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 160C and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut and baking powder.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream butter with the inulin. Beat in vanilla and egg until well combined. Add the other dry ingredients until dough is well mixed. Stir in chopped chocolate.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
5. Press each ball with the heel of your hand to 1/4 inch thickness.
6. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until just beginning to brown and barely firm to the touch.
7. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tip – Melt an extra couple of squares of dark chocolate and drizzle for decoration.