100g almond flour
1 medium egg
40g unsalted butter
250g extra strong cheddar cheese, grated
½ tsp oregano
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180oc and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix the almond flour with the egg, butter and oregano.
3. Add the cheese and combine well to form a dough (you may need to use your hands).
4. Split the dough into two rough balls and place between two pieces of parchment separately.
5. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand then use a rolling pin to roll to around 4mm thick.
6. Place flat in the fridge or freezer to allow the dough to cool and harden slightly.
7. When ready use a cutter to form your biscuits and place on the prepared baking sheets.
8. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden.
9. Allow to cool on the baking sheet before removing and devouring.
Tip – Don’t roll too thinly or the biscuits won’t hold their shape!
Great to dip into soup or heaping with guacamole!