250g bacon lardons
200ml double cream
60g onion, diced
2 tbsp butter
4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Fry the bacon in olive oil in a pan until crispy. Once cooked, transfer to a plate covered with a paper towel.
2. Add the butter, onion and garlic to the pan and allow to brown.
3. Add the double cream and stir continuously.
4. Add the parmesan and put the bacon back in the pan. Continue to stir.
5. Once the sauce starts to thicken, remove from heat and serve.
Top Tip – serve with Courgetti for a low carb take on spaghetti carbonara.