150g double cream
150g full fat cream cheese
2 egg yolks
1000g beef mince
750g streaky bacon
400g tinned tomatoes
80g cheddar cheese, grated
80g mozzarella, grated
1 tsp chilli paste
1 tsp tomato puree
1 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp oregano
1. Add the cream cheese, double cream and water to a saucepan and cook over a low heat until the cheese has melted. Be sure to stir occasionally.
2. Add the egg yolks and mix well.
3. Stir constantly over low heat until the sauce starts to thicken.
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Slice the aubergine and courgette thinly. Cover baking tray with cooking foil and lay the slices on the tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the over for 15-20 mins until starting to crisp.
3. Whilst this is cooking, brown the mince in a pan with the onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and paprika.
4. Once browned, add the tinned tomatoes, garlic puree, chilli paste and tomato puree.
5. Salt and Pepper to taste while cooking.
6. Allow to simmer until the aubergine and courgette is cooked.
7. Prepare a baking tin by laying bacon rashers from the centre of the base of the tine and up over the sides. Make sure there is enough bacon over the sides to wrap over the top of the dish.
8. Start by layering the beef mix on the bottom of the tin, sprinkle with cheese then a small amount of sauce then layer the courgette and aubergine. Repeat this process until the dish is full making sure the final layer is sauce.
9. Wrap the bacon over the top of the dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
10. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until the bacon and cheese is crispy.